Thursday, August 12, 2010

Close to Home [20/52] by Krysta


I saw this leaf lying on the street on a rainy day and thought that perhaps I'd magically been transported back to Canada. The truth was, I was in Germany and I'm not even sure if it was in fact a maple leaf. For the past few weeks I've felt extremely homesick. Even when visiting the most beautiful destinations, I couldn't seem to get my mind off of home and how much I miss my friends, family, and boyfriend. It seemed that nothing could shake my sad mood, but something did! This week Ryan booked flights to Dubai. Once again, he's lifted my spirits and I can't wait to see him in only 2 weeks and celebrate an amazing year of dating. Things kept getting better. I checked my work email to find that my vacation time had been confirmed. I'm headed back home for 2 weeks in July. I still love my job, but it's true that home is where the heart is. I think I need a good visit with the people that I love to recharge my positive attitude! I'm currently in Frankfurt, Germany... it's pouring rain and freezing cold, but nothing can get me down this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment