Thursday, August 12, 2010

Once Upon a Time In China [24/52] by Krysta

"The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness." - Dalai Lama  It was a relaxing, lazy week for me. I spent most of it lounging around my apartment or at the pool with friends. After nearly a week without a single flight, I was given a flight to Beijing, China! I've been crossing my fingers for more Asian destinations, so I was quite excited. Sadly, I didn't make it to the Great Wall of China, but I'll be back again soon! I spent my time sampling local cuisine (cautiously) and bargaining for good deals in the massive markets. I ended off a great layover by stopping to visit the beautiful Lama Temple. In the heart of a bustling city of 22 million people, it's amazing to find such a peaceful place. My first trip to China was a lot of fun, and I've stocked up on more tea than I'll ever be able to drink! Despite all of the excitement over such an interesting trip, the main thing on my mind right now is home. I'm only 19 days away from going back for the first time in 7 months, and I couldn't be more excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment